For the last twenty years, Herräng Dance Camp has been supporting different discount systems in connection to the event. The system that has been used in recent years has been known as the Herräng Fund. For the summer to come (as well as last year), the administration of the event has decided to continue to use a new system called Scholarship Program.
The new system will each year support dancers from three chosen countries where the financial reality is significantly different from the general in the western European world, to participate for one full time or half time week in Herräng with a 50% discount. A maximum of 100 spots in total are available and will be given away on a first come first served basis. For the summer of 2020, the following countries have been chosen: Greece, Bulgaria and China. Next year, three different countries will be chosen.
Applications for the Scholarship Program should follow the following two steps:
- Send an individual email (no group registrations) directly to email@example.com stating your full name, complete street address, email address, telephone number and which week, discipline and level where you want to participate.
- Log in to your MyHerräng account and register for the class you applied for, but don't pay for anything until you hear from us.
- Once we have received your message, we will as soon as possible return to you with our confirmation letter giving further details on how to proceed.
The Scholarship Program system will open at midnight Swedish time between November 30 and December 1, 2019. Please notice that applications sent before this time and date will not be considered. The Scholarship Program for the summer of 2020 will be open for the following weeks and disciplines:
Week 1: all one week programs except Swing Kids and Swing Teens
Week 2: only Teachers Track and Ragtime and Jazz Era Dances
Week 3: only Lindy Hop Competition & Show and all one week Boogie Woogie programs
Week 4: only Tap and Sing & Swing
Week 5: all one week programs except Lindy Hop Invitational
Before applying, please read all the below basic criterias and make sure that all the paragraphs are fulfilled:
- that you hold a passport from either of the three by us chosen countries
- that you permanently are residing in one of the three by us chosen countries
- that you are in need of financial support to be able to make it to Herräng
Please do also notice that each individual person can only apply for a one week discount, not multiple, and that the application is personal and cannot later on be passed on to someone else. For further information, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.